Saariselkä - Europe’s northernmost ski resort
When you get bitten by the skiing bug, you can find all the equipment you need in Saariselkä’s Ski Shop.
- You’ll find everything you need here, from equipment to ski passes and even a ski school. We offer a great selection of quality skiing gear for rent. There’s no point in lugging your skis or your snowboard all the way here, when it’s so easy to rent top class equipment on the spot, customer service representative Noora Portti says.
Ski School Saariselkä is here to help both beginners and experienced skiers. Kids and young people have their own ski school programme.
- In addition to alpine skiing we have special classes in snowboarding, telemark and cross-country skiing. Lessons must always be booked in advance. Our ski instructors are qualified, inspiring and multilingual professionals.
Instruction is available in Finnish, Swedish and English. When booking, you can also enquire about instruction in other languages.
- With first-timers, we make sure to talk about safety equipment and safe behaviour on the slopes. We recommend helmet use for all those venturing on the slopes. We also recommend wearing a back protector in the freestyle park, Noora says.
Children’s slopes and those reached by the platter lifts are the safest slopes for first-time skiers.
- Children younger than the regular age range may take part in private lessons, but it’s good to remember that small children often get tired before the full 90 minutes are up.
The duration of a private lesson is 90 minutes. The ski school also offers packages with equipment, ski passes and instruction all included.
- Everybody is sure to find what they need here. We wish you welcome to the Ski Shop, Noora Portti says.